Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Send Gingerbread House to Demon Flash Bandit, Dog

Everyone has a dream vacation destination, and I just discovered mine. It seems that nice humans at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls, Canada are in the process of building their 3rd annual 2 story, wood frame gingerbread house. The house is made from 600 pounds of gingerbread, 1,000 pounds of frosting, 2,000 chocolate wafers, 750 cookies, and 4.900 pretzels. The house requires 3 full time bakers, an executive chef, and one sous chef 2 weeks to build the house. By the way, I have no idea what a sous chef is. I'm going to assume he is the legal chef in charge of making sure the executive chef and the bakers don't get sued.

Imagine a lit up, glittering house of gingerbread!!!!! Can there be anyplace more perfect for this dog to take a vacation. The lodge has wisely added some interests for the humans-- a water park complex (too much like a bath for my taste), mini golf (my paws are kind of clumsy when I have to hold a golf club), and other family themed entertainment. Of course, for the dogs, there is the wonderful candy house!!!!!

The lodge allows reservations at a cost of $20.00 for meals in the house for a family or group of up to 6 which is donated to the child Advocacy Centre Niagara, a group that helps abused children. When meals aren't being served in the house, Santa is in the house to visit with children. You know how important it is for kids to get their lists to Santa before Christmas.

In the first part of January, the house comes down and goes to the compost heap. Since people touch the house, it has germs and the humans don't want to eat it. I think it is wasteful to send it to a compost heap so I suggest that the nice humans at Great Wolf Lodge send the house to me, Demon Flash Bandit. I love candy, and we dogs don't worry about germs like the silly humans.

Demon Flash Bandit (Doing my Part to Avoid Waste)

No comments:

Post a Comment